"If you want to win something, run 100 meters. If you want to experience something, run a marathon" - Emil Zatopek

Thursday, June 9, 2011

My Reputation Proceeds Me


We interrupt the regular scheduled programming to bring you this update.  In my first  blog post ever (which can be found here), I described how I ran as a bandit with Jacob.  Well today, it appears the word is out.  I had gone to the track to put in my mile repeats, and I was headed home.  On the way home, I was cutting through an alley between some businesses.  I was approaching a man with a coffee in one hand and carrying a small cardboard box in the other.  I always try to make a little noise when running up on pedestrians so as not to startle them.  The gentlemen apparently did not hear me though and nearly jumped out of his skin as I passed.  I apologized and continued on.  He laughed and then said he thought he was about to be mugged.  To which I replied, "Well that is a pretty nice box!"  Oh the joys of running. Perhaps I have missed my calling to be a bandit.
The Original Bandit

1 comment:

  1. A criminal in the making. I wish I could have seen that! I feel I can relate! You have done that to me many times!

    ReplyDelete